Home > Fire Suppression > synthetic agents > Sapphire Fire Suppression
Sapphire - Also known as Novec 1230 fire suppression?
- Novec1230 gas is synthetic/chemical fire suppression gas/agent.
- Novec1230 is a waterless fire suppressant and extinguishes a fire by removing the free radicals or heat element of the fire triangle (Oxygen, Heat and Fuel).
- The concentration of Novec 1230 is typically between 5.3% to 5.6% of the room volume.
- Novec1230 in its natural state, looks and feels like water. Novec is a non conductive liquid that has some surprise characteristics. Often Novec is exhibited by filling a fish tank with the Novec fire suppression agent, then inserting a computer screen within the liquid switch on. Mobile phones can be placed within the liquid and will operate as normal.
- Novec 1230 boils at 48 degrees Celsius and vaporizes in the fire suppression delivery when discharged.
Typical Novec1230 fire suppression Applications
- DATA Centres
- Comms Rooms
- Telecommunication facilities
- UPS Rooms
- Medical facilities
How safe is Novec1230 Fire Suppression gas?
Novec 1230 is classed as a clean agent which means that it is safe to use within occupied spaces. It does not reduce oxygen and uses very small concentrations by volume.
How does Novec 1230 work?
NOVEC 1230 DOES NOT Remove or reduce Oxygen! NOVEC 1230 is a synthetic/chemical fire suppression gas and extinguishes a fire by removing the free radicals or heat elements from the fire triangle. (Oxygen, Heat and Fuel).
The concentration of Novec 1230 is typically between 5.3% to 5.6% of the room volume. Novec1230 is discharged into the risk between 6 and 10 seconds.
What are the advantages of a Novec 1230 fire suppression system?
Due to the low concentration levels of Novec1230 fire suppression, means that less Novec cylinders and less space is required, making the storage footprint for the fire suppression agent very small.
Novec 1230 offers significant atmospheric advantages over it synthetic rivals. Novec1230 is considered as a green gas and posses no threat to both the Ozone Layer and offers Novec does not fall into the Kyoto protocol for global warming gases.
Novec 1230 fluid has zero ozone depletion potential and the lowest atmospheric lifetime for halocarbon alternatives:
- Novec 1230 has an atmospheric lifetime of only 5 days
- Novec 1230 has a Global Warming Potential of 1
- Novec 1230 fluid has the greatest margin of safety for use in occupied spaces
- It makes good business sense to use Novec 1230 fluid because it is a sustainable, long-term technology. Not only does Novec 1230 fluid meet today's regulations, but it meets those of the foreseeable future.
How can Fire Suppression Limited help you?
Fire suppression Limited offer both pre-engineered Novec 1230 fire suppression systems which require little or no distribution pipe, and engineered Novec 1230 fire protection systems tailored made/designed for its application. We have our own FM200 filling plant based in our head offices in Bristol. We offer full technical design on Novec 1230 systems and we can provide a quotation within 4 hours from your enquiry.
For further information, or if you would like a quotation for an Novec 1230 fire suppression system, then call our offices on 0845 127 9915 or email us at email@example.com.